Students will be able to distinguish different methods to create interesting compositions and use those methods effectively.
Composition: How to bring interest into an artwork.
Using a visual, such as a video, to enhance your understanding of the importance of composition in creating an effective and communicative manner.
DELIVERABLES FOR STUDENTS
- Introduction to the class on what composition is and why it is used.
- Effective use of multimedia to create a video.
- Demonstration of differing methods of composing to bring attention various aspects of the artworks in question.
- Respect copyrights and reference all materials used.
- Individual project.
- Research how differing methods of composition work to draw attention to or bring the viewers eye through the artwork.
- Research the best methods for specific types of work and why they work.
- Create a visual representation to show how three methods of composition affect an artwork..
- Create a visual presentation using a platform such as Powtoon, Animoto or Prezi.
Three drawings that should take between 1 and 2 hours
- Create artworks and video
- Feedback and edit video
- Final touches
|Criteria||Exceeding Expectations||Meeting Expectations||Approaching Expectations||Not Yet Meeting Expectations|
|Understanding of the role and function of the types of composition.
|Extra relevant content to present the demonstration of the knowledge of composition.||All relevant content to present the demonstration of the knowledge of composition.||Missing one piece of content to present the demonstration of the knowledge of composition.||Missing many pieces of content to present the demonstration of the knowledge of composition.|
|Create a visual representation, such as a video, using multimedia.
|High level of effective use of multimedia. Visual and text are clear and concise to show understanding of content.||Effective use of multimedia. Visual and text are clear and concise to show understanding of content.||Good use of multimedia. Visual and text are mostly clear and concise to show understanding of content.||Ineffective use of multimedia. Visual and text are not clear and concise to show understanding of content.|
|Reference all materials used.
|All materials used properly reference using APA style and respect copyright laws.||All materials used properly reference and respect copyright laws.||Most materials used properly reference and respect copyright laws.||Materials used do not properly reference and did not respect copyright laws.|
|The creativity of the final project.
|The project is creative and is exciting to the audience.||The project is creative and grabs the audience’s attention.||The project holds the audience’s attention.||The project does not hold the audience’s attention.|